192.168.1.1 | Linksys Extender IP address | Linksys Default IP
192.168.1.1 is an IP address, aka, internet protocol – a string of numbers used for Linksys extender setup. To log into your Linksys WiFi extender, you need to run a web browser on your desktop or laptop and type http//192.168.1.1 in the address bar. The Linksys default IP address takes you to Linksys extender smart setup wizard as the extender.linksys.com web address.
The Linksys IP 192.168.1.1 lies in 192.168.1.0 – 192.168.1.255, which is a Class C type IP address range. The Linksys extender IP address is a private IP address followed by RFC 1918 standards. However, when a user tries to access the 192.168.1.1 login web page, they find an error message saying the site can’t be reached or failed to connect to Linksys IP. It happens because the Linksys IP address is only accessible in a private network.
192.168.1.1 Login Steps | Linksys Default IP
Through the Linksys extender default IP 192.168.1.1, you can access the WiFi extender setup web page. Even you can configure your home network security, update your WiFi extender’s firmware, and change or modify the settings. Here are the following steps to gain access to the Linksys extender setup using http//192.168.1.1 URL:
- Place your Linksys extender near your router, and run any web browser on your desktop or laptop.
- Type http//192.168.1.1 in the address bar, and then hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- You will land on the Linksys extender setup web page.
- Enter the Linksys extender login credentials, and then hit on the ‘Log In’ button.
- You are prompted to Linksys WiFi extender admin panel.
- So, now you are on the default Linksys extender login web page. In case of the Linksys extender IP address doesn’t work, try extender.linksys.com URL.
Linksys Extender Setup with 192.168.1.1
Config your Linksys WiFi range extender setup with http//192.168.1.1 login IP address. For this, you have to visit the Linksys IP address. In case you don’t understand how to set up a WiFi range extender via Linksys IP, directly dial toll-free number +1-888-998-9188, and get in touch with professionals.
To access the Linksys extender web-based setup page, connect your extender to the router. After that, pull up any web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. Enter the Linksys 192.168.1.1 login IP, and then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Enter the default Linksys extender login credentials.
- Hit on the ‘Log In’ button.
- You will land on the Linksys extender admin panel.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure the WiFi range extender.
- Once done, hit on the ‘Apply’ button to save the changes.
Bravo! You are done here with the WiFi extender setup process. Now, try to place your WiFi extender to a new location. Connect your desktop or laptop to the extended network and test the internet connection. To test the internet connection, ping 192.168.1.1 via command prompt.
192.168.1.1 – Linksys WiFi Extender Login | Linksys Default IP
Every Linksys WiFi range extender comes with default login credentials, easily found in the user manual. Thus, anyone can access your extended wireless network and create a threat for you or steal your bandwidth and personal data. Therefore, it’s mandatory to shield your home extended network by making its passphrase guard. You have to customize your Linksys extender setup default password as soon as possible. To do so, you need to access the Linksys extender admin panel via extender.linksys.com or 192.168.1.1. Consider the below-mentioned steps to change the Linksys extender default passphrase key:
- Connect your desktop or laptop to the router.
- Try to connect your Linksys range extender to the router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Run any web browser. Make sure your web browser is up-to-date.
- Type extender.linksys.com or http//192.168.1.1 in the web address bar.
- Press the ‘Enter’ key.
- You are landed on the Linksys extender login web page.
- Enter the default login credentials, and then hit on the ‘Log In’ button.
- You are prompted to Linksys extender admin panel.
- Visit the ‘Security’ tab. After that, click on ‘Change the password’ option.
- Enter the old and new password in the respective fields.
- Hit on the ‘Save’ button.
Congrats! You have successfully secured your home network. So now you can enjoy the internet at your home without any worries. If you still have a few bit queries related to Linksys range extender, get in touch with our experts through our toll-free number +1-888-998-9188. We are here 24/7 to provide you with the best assistance.