Linksys Extender Setup | extender.linksys.com
extender.linksys.com URL is used to execute web-based Linksys extender setup page. WiFi extenders are specially designed to remove and strengthen your dead network spots and home wireless network, respectively. The WiFi boosters amplify the wireless signals received from the existing home WiFi router and retransmit them in boosted form. Thus, the WiFi signals strength increases in almost every corner of your home or workplace.
Important Point: The above-mentioned steps are for non-configured WiFi range extenders. In case your Linksys range extender is already configured, then refer our next section.
The very first thing for the Linksys WiFi extender setup is to log into its web-based admin panel. Consider the below-mentioned steps for login:
- Place your Linksys range extender near to your home WiFi router.
- Turn on your Linksys extender and wait for a few minutes until the power LED turns amber to solid green.
- After that, take an Ethernet cable and try to connect your WiFi extender to the router.
- Run any web browser on your desktop or laptop and visit extender.linksys.com address.
- Enter the default WiFi extender login credentials, and then tap the ‘Log In’ button.
- You will be redirected to Linksys extender web-based admin panel.
Linksys Extender Setup Configuration Web Page
Can’t connect to extender.linksys.com web-based page? If yes, then you might be already done with Linksys setup. So, use the following steps to access extender.linksys web page:
- Click on the ‘Start’ button.
- Open the ‘File Explorer.’
- Right-click on your respective Linksys extender model name, under the network section.
- Hit on the ‘View device web-page.’
- Enter the default login credentials, and then click ‘OK’ button.
- Now, try to open extender.linksys.com web page.
- Run ‘Safari’ web browser on your MAC device.
- Open the ‘Bookmarks’ tab.
- Select the ‘Bonjour’ from the drop-down, and then double-click on it.
- Enter the Linksys extender default login credentials.
- Now, retry to connect to Linksys setup via extender.linksys.com.
Linksys Extender Setup Methods
The Linksys WiFi range extender setup can be done manually via extender.linksys or through WPS functionality. Many users consider the manual method as WPS functionality is limited to fewer WiFi extender models.
Important Tip: You do not require any CD to perform manual Linksys extender setup.
Linksys WiFi Range Extender Setup: Manual Method
Once you have reached the Linksys extender setup web page, try to configure your WiFi range extender’ settings as per the following guidelines:
Prerequisites for manual Linksys WiFi range extender setup:
- Try to place your Linksys WiFi extender in the same room as your home WiFi router.
- Make sure you have a reliable Internet connection.
- Ensure you have a proper electric power supply.
- Connect your Linksys WiFi extender to your existing home WiFi router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Run any web browser and visit 192.168.1.1 web page.
- You land on the Linksys extender admin panel.
- Enter the default Linksys extender login credentials.
- Hit on the ‘Log In’ button.
- You are prompted to Linksys extender admin panel.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure Linksys WiFi extender.
- Once done, hit on the ‘Apply’ button to save the last changes.
Linksys WiFi Extender Setup: WPS Method
WPS, aka, wireless protected setup method. It is one of the simplest methods to set up a Linksys range extender. Consider the below-mentioned steps to perform WPS:
- Place your Linksys WiFi range extender near to your home WiFi router.
- Plug it into an electric power outlet and wait for a few minutes.
- Once the power LED turns from solid amber to green, press the WPS button present at the back or side panel of the extender device.
- Unplug, the device and place it a bit far from your router.
- Try to connect your desktop or laptop with an extended network to test the live internet connection.
That’s it! You are done here with the Linksys extender setup. Somehow, if you still face the Linksys setup issue, then get in touch with our experts. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-998-9188.
Steps for Linksys Extender Firmware Update
Firmware is a software that contains a set of rules and instructions. It manages both the ALU and control unit of the device. Manufacturers keep on releasing the latest firmware updates regularly to keep their devices compatible with latest network devices. It also protects from malware and virus attacks. Therefore, it’s good to keep the firmware up-to-date. Follow the below-mentioned steps to update Linksys extender firmware:
- Connect your Linksys range extender to the router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your desktop or laptop and connect it to your existing wireless network.
- Run any web browser and visit extender.linksys.com web address.
- Enter the Linksys extender login credentials.
- Hit on the ‘Log In’ button.
- You will land on the ‘Linksys extender setup’ web page.
- Tap on the ‘Maintenance’ button.
- Click on the ‘Firmware Update’ option.
- If any latest firmware update is available, it will automatically download and install on your WiFi range extender.
Important Tip: While upgrading your firmware version, your Linksys range extender reboots a few times. Make sure there is no power cut.
So, these are the following Linksys extender firmware update steps. If at any step you find yourself stuck, then get in touch with our experts through our toll-free number +1-888-998-9188. You can also interact with our professionals through live chat support. We are here 24/7 to provide you with the best assistance.